Those with travel history to Sabah to serve SHN

Photo used for illustration purposes only

SINGAPORE – Singapore requires all travellers with a recent travel history to Sabah, Malaysia, to serve a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at dedicated SHN facilities.

The new requirement will take effect from Oct 14, 2020, 2359 hours.

Advertisement

“This is following an increase in cases in Sabah recently,” said the republic’s Multi-Ministry Taskforce on COVID-19, in a statement issued here Oct 12.

Exception, however, is given to Malaysia-based travellers under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL), who will continue to be subjected to the existing RGL health measures such as pre-departure test, on-arrival test and pre-declared controlled itinerary.

Singapore had earlier announced that travellers from Malaysia are allowed to serve a 7-day SHN at their place of residence from Sept 1, 2020.

The taskforce said the new requirement would also apply to returning Singapore-based travellers under the RGL, as well as Malaysian citizens and permanent residents entering Singapore under the Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA).

“We are monitoring the situation across other states and federal territories closely, including Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya.

“For now, travellers from all other parts of Malaysia, except Sabah, will continue to serve a 7-day SHN at their place of residence,” it said.

The taskforce reminded all travellers to accurately declare their travel history.

“Strict enforcement action will be taken against false declarations. The COVID-19 test will continue to be administered before the end of the SHN period,” it said.

It also noted that Singapore’s border measures would evolve as the global situation changes.

“We will continue to monitor the global health situation closely and update our border measures in accordance with the public health risk assessment.

“If the situation in a country/region deteriorates, more stringent measures will be put in place to limit the risk of importation and prevent community transmission from imported cases,” it said.

The Malaysian government has today announced the implementation of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) throughout Sabah effective 12.01 am on Oct 13 until Oct 26.

Of today’s 563 new COVID-19 cases reported in Malaysia, 51.7 per cent or 291 cases are in Sabah.

— BERNAMA