MB wants more capable individual to run KFA

Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor. Photo used for illustration purposes only, courtesy Kedah FA Facebook page.

ALOR SETAR – Kedah Menteri Besar, Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has decided to resign as Kedah Football Association (KFA) president as he wants a more eligible person to manage the association.

He said he was not unhappy over the matter but felt as Menteri Besar he has to look at many issues which required his full attention.

Advertisement

“There are more experienced people to run the sport… I am interested in sports and was an athlete representing the state in various events including football, but maybe I am not suited to manage sport association.

“We have many problems in Kedah such as COVID-19 which needs my full commitment… so do not say I am sulking about KFA post,” he told reporters after chairing the Exco meeting here today.

He had sent his resignation letter to KFA on Sept 25 and his resignation would take effect on Oct 15.

“I choose Oct 15 as I want to put the last target of settling all KFA old debts which I earlier mentioned as RM10.6 million, was actually RM14 million.

“I am looking for sponsors and partners to help settle KFA debts and I am targeting to resolve all of them by Oct 15 before I hand over to a more qualified person as president,” he said.

On the licence of of the state club, Sanusi said it had been settled and Kedah would be eligible to play in the Malaysia League next season.

“For AFC Cup, all licensing issues have also been resolved and requirements fulfilled, hopefully Kedah football would advance further.

“On the new logo and name for the privatised team, I am confident KFA would consider the suggestions of fans and I understand there will be a contest to design a new logo,” he said.

— BERNAMA